People who want to visit the United States to meet their close friends family members or for tourism, recreation or for medical treatment should apply for the US visitor visa (B-2 visa). Before getting the documents required for US tourist visa, applicants of visitor visas should know that they would be issued visas only if they are able to persuade US consular officials at a US Embassy/Consulate that they are not visiting the country with an intention to become an immigrant of that country. They need to show reasons as to why they would definitely return to their home country. For instance, they should show that they are employed in their home country or if self-employed, their business is still operating. To begin with, they should fill the form DS-160 and pay the non-refundable application visa application fee of $160.


Citizen of any country must apply for an American student visa to pursue their education in the US. There are two types of US student visas – F and M. There is also a visitor (B) visa, but with it, students can enroll only into a study course of short-term which does not lead to an award of a degree or an academic certificate. In order to be eligible to apply for student visas of USA, applicants must have been accepted at an institution (school/college/university) which is approved by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP). After applying and being accepted, the US study visa applicants must register for the SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System) by paying the SEVIS I-901 fee ($200). Qualified students will then receive a Form I-20, following which they should register in SEVIS. Excepting for vocational or other programs at non-academic institutes (M Visas), students applying for conventional courses apply for F-1 visas of USA. USA study visa requirements for Indian students in conventional courses entail filling up of the Online Visa Application, DS-160. This needs to be confirmed and affixed with a photo that adheres to the visa application guidelines of the US. The visa application fees costing $160 must be paid. They must then attend an interview at a US Embassy/Consulate where their application will either be accepted or rejected.


Overseas immigrants will need an American work visa to be lawfully employed in the US. There are diverse categories of US Work Visas. These include Temporary Work Visas, Exchange Worker Visas, and Green Cards etc Green Cards
An employment offer or job offers the opportunity to become a Green Card or PR holder. Some of the job categories mandate Department of Labor certification.
Diversity Immigrant Visa Program
The yearly Diversity Immigrant Visa /Green Card lottery program offers prospective immigrants a chance to obtain US PR. It offers 50,000 Green Cards annually and eligibility is limited to elect nationals.
Exchange Visitor Visas
Exchange visitor US J visas are nonimmigrant visas. These are offered to people authorized to participate in the study and work-based exchange programs for visitors.
Temporary Work Visas
H-2B or Temporary Non-farm visas are offered to overseas workers in non-farm jobs in the US. However, there must be inadequate local workers to fill the job vacancy Temporary Worker Visas
H-1Bs are non-immigrant US visas for educated and skilled workers in specialty jobs. These enable overseas workers to be employed provisionally for a specific US employer. H1-B visa requirements include having a Bachelor’s degree in the specific area or on par 12 years work experience. Sectors that have mandatory licensure such as law, the applicant must also possess a required license. They are also required to pay the applicable US H1-B visa fees. You can get required assistance for filing a petition from H1-B visa consultants.



People wanting to visit the US for business should apply for business visitor visas, B1 visas. With business visas, individuals can attend conferences or seminars or trade shows, meet business associates for consultation or negotiate a deal. Requirements for US business visas are that applicants must show that their reason for visiting the US is purely for business purposes, they should remain in the US for the period specified on their visas, they must show proof of having enough funds to cover all of their expenses in America, if they are being invited by a business house/company or any other organisations, they should their letter of invitation and finally, they should prove that they have a residence in their home country and that their close relatives live there, which will ensure their return home after they complete their work. Initially, they should pay $160 US B1 visa fees and complete the Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application form, also known as DS-160.


The US Dependent Visas are of diverse categories that have been designed to suit the diverse circumstances of the overseas immigrants. For those individuals who are looking for Parents visa USA, it is generally a 2 step process. In the first step, the petition for US visa for parents must be approved by the USCIS. In the second step, if the parent for whom the Dependent visa USA is sought is outside the US, the parent will be asked to go to the local US Consulate. This is for completing the processing of the US immigrant visa. Family visa USA for the H-1B professionals is offered through the category of H-4 Visas. Family members who qualify for the US H-4 dependent visa include spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 years. The H-4 Dependent visa permits the young children and spouse of non-immigrant workers to arrive at and stay in the US. The parent or spouse will require an H-1B visa, as quoted by the Workpermit. The K-3 Visa is a Spouse visa for the USA from India is a non-immigrant visa for the US Citizen Spouse while the case for PR is under process. The application for the K-3 Visa must be submitted and obtained in the nation where the marriage had taken place. Upon the issuance of the visa, the spouse can arrive at the US to wait for the processing of the migrant visa case. The Non-immigrant K-1 visa is also known as the Fiance visa USA.